Tuesday, October 02, 2012

i don't like fall

well, i like the colours of the trees but that's about it. i hate that you don't know how to dress for the weather. i hate that there is so much inconsistency in the weather. and i mostly hate leaves. in my backyard, i have about a dozen large trees. plus, two trees on my neighbors' yards hang over my backyard so i accumulate all of their leaves as well. it's awful. last night i spent nearly 4 hours raking my entire backyard and was so totally proud of myself and the nine bags of leaves i had made. and then i came home at lunch and saw they were all back. like some cruel joke that someone is playing on me. i thought maybe i had dreamt everything and i hadn't actually raked last night but my sore muscles would tell me otherwise. gah. this is so brutal.

this photo was taken at 5:00 p.m. last night. then i raked the ENTIRE backyard.



this photo was taken at 12:00 p.m. (only 15 hours after finishing the raking). it's all back. every single one of those damn leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment